Minor spoilers ahead... from a certain point of view.
Everything in Hollywood is remade eventually, and The Fast & Furious spinoff Hobbs & Shaw proves that The Empire Strikes Back is no exception. There’s a new Darth Vader for the current generation, and it’s not Kylo Ren. It’s the Hobbs & Shaw villain, Brixton!
Just like the Dark Lord of the Sith, Braxton…
1. Wears lots of black and kicks even more ass.
2. Was presumable left for dead by a friend.
3. Was rebuilt and pumped full of mechanical parts by a mysterious, evil benefactor.
4. Was berated by said mysterious, evil benefactor.
5. Kneels before aforementioned mysterious, evil benefactor.
6. Is instructed to turn the goods guys bad by aforementioned disembodied benefactor.
7. Is instructed to kill the good guys when they don’t.
Brotha, I’m just getting warmed up! What about the travel to exotic locales? How there’s only one chick? How our heroes receive sage wisdom from a short old person with a cane that true strength comes not from weapons but from within? Hell, I even bet Ryan Renolds was actually a puppet being manipulated by Frank Oz! But, I’ve said my piece…